Throughout its history, the Lexington-Concord Chapter has promoted local ROTC activities. ROTC members have been invited guests at many of the luncheons and special feature programs over the years. A key facet of AFCEA's mission is to encourage students to enter science and engineering careers--defense and non-defense related--since we believe that a strong and creative technical workforce is essential to our future.
In collaboration with the ROTC units at several local universities, the Chapter presents awards to outstanding ROTC students. In 2005, we gave $47,000 to students in the communities surrounding Hanscom Air Force Base, Massachusetts. That includes the following scholarships and grants:
- $22,000 to local high school seniors under the Chapter's Fellowship program
- $16,000 for 15 area ROTC detachments
- $5,000 for aid in education to enlisted personnel
- $2,000 to Middlesex Community College
- $2,000 in science grants to area high schools